Danny Miller finally bids farewell to the dales in tomorrow night’s episodes of the show, after four amazing years in the role of troubled Aaron Livesy. He’s certainly been through the mill has Aaron, with fires, fights, crashes, comings out, assisted (and attempted) suicides, not to mention the tears – my God the tears!! – and all of that within the last twelve months alone. Quite frankly, the kids cursed, but throughout all of that there’s been this here blog, posting spoilers, videos, interviews and much more since April 2010. Now, I could just sit here and say thank you for visiting the site and watching the episodes over the last few years – and I probably will do at the end of this post – but before I do that I thought I’d share with you some of the blogs statistics (it’s really not as boring as I make that sound, honest). So, without further ado…
Ahh yes, the search terms! These are the words or phrases people have typed into search engines such as Google or Bing, and as a result have ended up on this blog.
Some of them were fairly standard, Aaron Livesy for example was by far and away the most searched for term, attracting a combined total of 68,300 visitors to date. Danny Miller proved to be the more popular cast member with over 16,000 searches, Marc Silcock trailed in second with a considerably less 5,200 whilst Dominic Brunt and Pauline Quirke took 1,100 apiece.
Aaron and Jackson regularly topped the days searches throughout 2010 and 2011, with over 23,000 hits for the pairing. Jackson Walsh picked up a fair few searches himself, with well over 3,000 of you wanting to know what would be happening to him next. Hundreds more asked if we would ever see him walk again, or even if he would die. Needless to say, that question has now well and truly been answered. *sniff*
Then there were the not so innocent searches, which made for a VERY interesting read. Over 4,000 of you dirty-minded lot wanted to see Danny Miller Naked (not that I blame you for trying), and a further 1,200 were hoping to see Marc in the buff. Lloyd Everitt (Ed) and Ryan Prescott (Flynn) acquired 600 and 200 nude requests respectively.
I won’t even mention the 21 people who were hoping for a glimpse of Dominic Brunt (aka daddy Paddy) in his birthday suit, you know who you are!!
As for the picture above, no it isn’t a direct upload from Lloyd Everitt’s iPhone of the Emmerdale lads on a dirty weekend away to Rhyl… mores the pity. Nope, it is merely a rather poor photoshopping effort, but if any of you 6,000 searches would like the uncensored version then you are more than welcome to ask for it. (I’ll apologise in advance to Marc for putting his head on the guy with the small penis, I’m sure he’s hung like a horse in real life. Well, with a name like Silcock…) *ahem*
Aaaaaaaaaanyway, moving swiftly on.
Top Ten search terms:
1. Aaron Livesy (68,300)
2. Aaron & Jackson (23,400)
3. Danny Miller (16,100)
4. Emmerdale Spoilers (9,200)
5. Aaronlivesy WordPress (8,000)
6. Marc Silcock (5,200)
7. Danny Miller Naked (4,400)
8. What happens to Jackson in Emmerdale? (3,400)
9. Danny Miller Girlfriend (2,900)
10. Danny Miller Strips (2,300)
The rest of it
And I say the rest of it because, well, the rest really IS pretty boring. Still, here’s some other not-so-interesting facts for you all to ‘enjoy’.
- On June 8th 2011, a day after Jackson’s on-screen death, the blog achieved it’s highest number of visitors in a single day with 5,686 hits. That record was almost beaten earlier last month when 5,606 people visited on March 5th 2012.
- Despite the relatively high figures for June last year, it was actually October 2010 that proved to be the busiest month to date, remaining unbeaten ever since. Almost 108,000 hits were achieved across the month following that train crash on October 6th.
- The most popular post in the sites 2-year history – and it really was the run away victor – is this one from May 2010, posted just ten days after the blog launched. 19,000 people have drooled over that picture since it was first posted, it is almost certainly the reason behind the high ranking of Danny naked in the search terms top ten… well, along with this one, and this one, aaaand possibly this one.
- Readers from over 100 countries have accessed the blog so far, with the UK making up 38% of the 1.35m hits. The USA came second (19%), Canada third (14%), Sweden fourth (11%) and France fifth (4%). Special shout out to the one person who visited from Fiji.
A thank you
Speaking of shout outs, special thanks to Sharon, Shawn, Keith, Nic, Cutie, Mark and Charlie. You guys contributed to the comments sections more than anyone else recently (based on the last 1,000 comments), so thanks for making the experience that bit more enjoyable. And to everyone else who’s ever clicked on here, or watched the episodes on YouTube, thank you! I know it wasn’t always easy sticking with this storyline, God knows I came close to giving up on it myself on numerous occasions, but I’m pleased there’s still a few of you left out there who stayed with it until the end. This isn’t the end of the blog, I’ll still post updates from time to time, but it’s the end of an era (this is all getting rather mellow-dramatic now).
A huge thanks to the Emmerdale cast and crew for producing some of the best programming on British TV, 40 years and still going! To Danny, Marc, Dominic, Lucy, Pauline, Adam and everyone else who featured in Aaron’s story, thank you.
Last but by no means least, the biggest thanks is reserved for the incredible Gavin Blyth, the man responsible for Aaron’s storyline and some of the best episodes in Emmerdale’s history. Without him none of you would be here now reading this incredibly long-winded post. RIP Gavin.
And that’s it, I literally have nothing left to babble on about. Enjoy tomorrow’s episodes (you might wanna stock up on pocket tissues). There’ll be a new poll added following Aaron’s exit, here’s hoping it’s a good one!
Over and out.